Welcome to ArchGamers

The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! If you're looking to participate in our amazing community, you can apply by going onto our discord and PMing a member of the council.

Anime fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local time
Today, 22:08
Are there any anime fans in here?
I am a big anime and I have watched all the popular anime like one piece, naruto, bleach, fairy tail...whatnot.
My list is quite big.
I love meeting anime fans :)
So, if you are one, feel free to reply :D

JYN

God of Gaming
Local time
Today, 17:38
Yes! Yes I am.
I love watching spirited away,totoro and summer wars.
I'm not as a big fan but I love it anyway ;)

Wimali

God of Gaming
Local time
Today, 18:38
I've only seen Death Note and Attack on Titan (also reading the AoT manga) but nothing else. Not a big fan of other anime. I've tried steins;gate & fullmetal alchemist before, but couldn't get into it. I think AoT & Death Note are the more "mainstream", more accessible animes? I can easily compare Death Note to Sherlock (from Moriarty's POV?). Both "Death Note" & "Attack on Titan" feel very western to me.

Local time
Yes! Yes I am.
I love watching spirited away,totoro and summer wars.
I'm not as a big fan but I love it anyway ;)
I don't really refer to them as full-fledged anime.
Try death note, code geass, one piece, naruto, bleach.....
You just can't get enough of them. Those are what you call good anime ;)

I've only seen Death Note and Attack on Titan (also reading the AoT manga) but nothing else. Not a big fan of other anime. I've tried steins;gate & fullmetal alchemist before, but couldn't get into it. I think AoT & Death Note are the more "mainstream", more accessible animes? I can easily compare Death Note to Sherlock (from Moriarty's POV?). Both "Death Note" & "Attack on Titan" feel very western to me.
Try one piece. It's really good.

I prefer manga.
@Wimali There is Sherlock manga btw. Only Study in Pink episode though.
Well, manga is cool too but I prefer anime ;)

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 05:38
I am also a fan.
I have a really long list, but I can't find it right now.

I've seen (or read the manga of) all of the ones you keep mentioning (Bleach, Naruto, Attack on Titan, Death Note, etc.) except One Piece.

sage

Council
Staff member
Council
Local time
Today, 05:38
I find small short anime awesome cuz they dont get asmuch filler :)
This is a holy truth.
I prefer reading the manga for popular anime because it takes way less time to read a few hundred chapters than to watch a couple hundred episodes.

Local time
I am also a fan.
I have a really long list, but I can't find it right now.

I've seen (or read the manga of) all of the ones you keep mentioning (Bleach, Naruto, Attack on Titan, Death Note, etc.) except One Piece.
You should try one piece too.
It's really good. Do not judge this anime based on the art alone.
Some of my list is here,
http://gamehandout.com/threads/anime-moar.239/
Ive watched most of the mainstream anime. I find small short anime awesome cuz they dont get asmuch filler :)
Glad to meet you :D
Well, I prefer long anime for character development and such :D

feyerbrand

God of Gaming
Local time
Today, 10:38
I am up for new anime but I don't like to invest more than 30 episodes into a show I used to be a big dragonball fan but rewatching it is horrendous so I turned more toward shorter complete stories, I want a complete short story that is powerful and amazing IE Chobits or Death Note (I know the spread is random but it shows that I have some open taste so feel free to make suggestions if you would like)

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Local time
I am up for new anime but I don't like to invest more than 30 episodes into a show I used to be a big dragonball fan but rewatching it is horrendous so I turned more toward shorter complete stories, I want a complete short story that is powerful and amazing IE Chobits or Death Note (I know the spread is random but it shows that I have some open taste so feel free to make suggestions if you would like)
I completely agree with you. If anime is long af,I prefer reading manga instead. I heard Code Geass is similar to Death Note,so I'm about to watch it ;)

screwthetrees

Knights
Staff member
Knights
Local time
Code Geass is worth it. It's a really good show.
I really enjoyed Code Geass, and i watch anime rarely. Cant handle those 50+ episodes of anime, gets to restless and need to do other things.

Okay i often code while watching anime so i cant say no to that

feyerbrand

God of Gaming
Local time
Today, 10:38
I don't use Crunchyroll because there isn't much to watch. You can download Popcorn Time and watch it from there. Just make sure you're using some sort of VPN,tho
Yea popcorn time works well it has a built in vpn in newer patches, I just like trying to support the anime in some way nd crunchyroll kind of helps with that even though I have ads during videos.
[DOUBLEPOST=1434663481,1434663455][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wouldn't know. I don't use crunchyroll.
You totally should the free version is still really awesome.

BananaPie

God of Gaming
VIP
Local time
Yea popcorn time works well it has a built in vpn in newer patches, I just like trying to support the anime in some way nd crunchyroll kind of helps with that even though I have ads during videos.
[DOUBLEPOST=1434663481,1434663455][/DOUBLEPOST]
You totally should the free version is still really awesome.
I'd love to watch stuff there,but I already said it. They don't even have Dragon Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About AGC:

AGC = ArchGamers Community. The arch- prefix on words comes from the ancient Greek word for ruler or ruling. As such we are an invite only group of the greatest gamers! AGC is an invite only group of quality gamers that are interested in both hardcore and laid back gaming.

Discord: